Sunday, September 30, 2007

My babies

You know, I have reached an age where there are no children around. I have been unfortunate enough to have them miles upon miles from me. One would think that would be a terrible thing. Sometimes it is.
I've been blessed though. I have the true love of deep friendship all around me and for that I will forever be thankful. I also have been granted a time on this earth with some of the best companions (other than my husband). I have always had a connection to animals. As a child we almost always had pets, guard dogs,turtles, fish. Well you get the idea. We never had to pay for them because, then, just as it is now, there are plenty of animals out there just WAITING to be loved.
Currently I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 3 cockatiels. The dogs and the cat were all rescues. I know it would seem like they are all mortal enemies but if raised together they really don't know any better. I find that since my husband and I operate on different shifts, that no matter how many friends and phone calls one gets ,it can still be on the lonelier side. Well except for my animals.
I find that I am NEVER alone in the house or out in the yard as well. My animals, which are better known as my babies, keep me company everywhere I go. I am sure that if I were to put them in the car, as well, that would please them greatly too. I can't do this because the nature of my babies is unfortunatly is to bite. We have been working at trying to socialize them , but so far it has been to no avail.
That being said, I have those around me in my life who have no pets. They do not even want hem. Being the crusader that I am, I find this notion so hard to comprehend. I am not sure what life would be like without my babies in my life, and I am SURE I WILL TRY NOT TO FIND OUT AS WELL.

I would like to hear about you pet situation. DO you have pets? If so I would love to hear stories about them.

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

It's rather quiet around here, as we're down to 1 animal for the 1st time since 1991...and she loves it when we take her to the nursing home to see everyone:) She brings lots of smiles to everyone's faces!